At present the Union for Mental Health’s research team with the lead of Borodin Vladimir Ivanovich, Vice-president of the Union for Mental Health, senior psychiatrist, psychotherapist, psychoanalyst, member of the Council on Social Psychiatry, professor, member of the Academic Council of the Federal State Budgetary Institution «Federal Medical Research Centre of Psychiatry and Narcology», the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, is conducting research on the following:
1. PSYCHOLOGICAL DEFENCE MECHANISMS IN PSYCHIATRY AND PSYCHOTHERAPY
Goal: To review the history and current state of psychological defence mechanisms in psychiatry and psychotherapy.
- Historical analysis of the concepts: “psychological defence mechanisms” and “coping strategies”.
- The role of psychological defence mechanisms and coping strategies in the diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation process.
- Contemporary approaches to the study of psychological defence mechanisms and coping strategies in clinical practice.
2. ADVERSE EVENTS IN THE PSYCHOTHERAPY PROCESS
Goal: Diagnosis and treatment of adverse events in the psychotherapy process.
- Adverse events in pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy – methodological aspects.
- Treatment options for adverse events occurring in the psychotherapy process.
- Comparative analysis of adverse events in the process of pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy;
- Treatment of adverse events in the psychotherapy process.
3. PSYCHOTHERAPY IN THE MOSCOW REGION:CURRENT STATE AND DEVELOPMENT TRENDS
Goal: To draw up recommendations on restructuring psychotherapy support in the specialist public medical facilities of the Moscow Region based on an analysis of its organizational structure and staffing, with regard for the existing regulatory framework.
- Comparative analysis of the regulatory framework for psychotherapy support in Russia and beyond its borders.
- Analysis of the organizational structure and staffing of psychotherapy support in the specialist public medical facilities of the Moscow Region over the past 10 years and today.
- Analysis of current proposals for psychotherapy support from specialized non-state (commercial) organizations in the Moscow Region.
- To draw up recommendations on restructuring psychotherapy support in the specialist public medical facilities of the Moscow Region based on the findings of this research.