The first Russian-language self-help mobile application, designed to combat depression and improve the quality of life, is developed by the Union for Mental Health of Russia in cooperation with the Union of Effective Psychologists.
Anti-Depression Mobile Application follows the Anti-Panic and Anti-Panic Pro created before.
Depression is a common disorder that affects millions of people. According to various studies, up to 20% of the population suffer from it. Depression negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Depression causes feelings of sadness and/or a loss of interest in activities once enjoyed. It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease a person’s ability to function at work and at home.
In most cases, depression occurs against the background of stress or severe traumatic situations that drag on over time. But in some cases, they arise for no apparent external reason. A depressive state may accompany somatic diseases (cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, endocrine, etc.). Depression can occur in the form of single episodes or occur chronically in the form of repeated exacerbations. In some people, they can be chronic in nature and last for many years without reaching a significant degree of severity. Sometimes depression is limited mainly to bodily symptoms without distinct emotional manifestations. However, clinical and laboratory examinations may not reveal any organic changes. In such cases, a consultation with a psychiatrist is necessary. With the timely detection of depression and the provision of necessary assistance, a rapid improvement in mental and physical well-being is noted.
Anti-Depression Mobile Application is:
– Self-help: the application is based on the theory and techniques of the cognitive-behavioral approach to psychotherapy, which, according to many studies, is effective for treating depression as well as pharmacological drugs.
– Without boring texts: theoretical data are presented in a simple and accessible animated form. The basic principle used to create the application is “just about complicated”. What makes the use of the application affordable and comfortable for people of different ages, educational levels and the complexity of the emotional state.
– Interactive: techniques are presented in a playful way. Instructions for technicians are easy to learn, work with the application does not bother. This allows you to use the application resources as efficiently as possible for the user.
– Diagnostic: the user can test himself for a tendency to negative thinking with the help of a test and get recommendations on working with different sections of the application depending on the complexity of his condition.
– Useful: the app teaches coping with negative thinking and helps to master critical thinking skills. As a result, the user begins to evaluate the reality surrounding him objectively. Which, in turn, helps to get out of a depressive state.
– Convenient: the most convenient thought diary with the ability to export and send to your psychotherapist is built in.
– Soothing: the relaxation technique will help you relax and escape from the hustle and bust of your thoughts.
– Pleasant: the user expands the repertoire of ways to get joy from life. The ability to create pleasant situations and receive little joys from life is a necessary condition for overcoming depressive states and maintaining a positive attitude.
– Beautiful: the application was developed by professional designers, it is possible to choose a dark or light background, depending on taste preferences and features of the user’s perception.